This workout should take about an hour to an hour and ten minutes. This workout has a bit of an endurance theme to it. I found the main set really refreshing and enjoyable, as it was totally different to the workouts I had been doing at the time. I was getting really tired by the 600m as I really gave it all I had on the 400m freestyle, and the 100m IM hidden in the next set really put the strain into it.
Warm up (continuous swimming):
- 200m freestyle,
- 100m kick,
- 100m pull.
- Total 400m
Main set (Endurance):
- 100m individual medley – done as 4 x 25m in IM order repeats on 30 seconds.
- 200m freestyle pull on 3:30.
- 300m done as 100m freestyle, 100m individual medley, 100m feestyle, then take 15 seconds rest.
- 400m freestyle done as fast as possible.
- 500m done as 200m freestyle, 100m individual medley, 200m freestyle, then take 15 seconds rest.
- 600m freestyle, descending every 200m.
- 100m freestyle sprint, give it all you’ve got.
- Total 2200m
Warm down 200m easy swimming :
- 200m steady swim.
- Total 200m
If you plan on trying this training program please be sure to read this disclaimer first.
As usual I would love to know what you think. Was it worth the effort? Did you make it to the end? Did you manage the turn around times or was the whole session too easy for you? If so, what did you do differently?